A small town built from the ruins of a larger city, Fallcrest is
the crossroads of the Nentir Vale.
- Population: 1,350; another 900 or so live in the countryside
within a few miles of the town. The people of Fallcrest are
mostly humans, halflings, and dwarves. No dragonborn or
eladrin are permanent residents, but travelers of all races
pass through on occasion.
- Government: The human noble Faren Markelhay is the Lord
Warden (hereditary lord) of the town. He is in charge of
the town’s justice, defense, and laws. The Lord Warden
appoints a town council to look after routine commerce
and public projects.
- Defense: The Fallcrest Guard numbers sixty warriors (see
the accompanying statistics block), who also serve as
constables. Moonstone Keep is their barracks. The Lord
Warden can call up 350 militia at need.
- Inns: Nentir Inn; Silver Unicorn. The Silver Unicorn is pricier
and offers better service; the Nentir Inn sees a more
- Taverns: Blue Moon Alehouse; Lucky Gnome Taphouse;
Nentir Inn taproom.
- Supplies: Halfmoon Trading House; Sandercot Provisioners.
- Temples: Temple of Erathis; Moonsong Temple (Sehanine);
House of the Sun (Pelor).